Donate a Used Car – Old and Newer Car Donations Accepted
Why Donate your car to charity?
Your car donation directly benefits your charity of choice
Donate For Charity distributes the funds raised from the sale of your vehicle donation directly to your charity of choice to help maintain and expand charity efforts in their communities. Donate For Charity sells your donated cars through a national network of auction and salvage houses to ensure the maximum donation possible is given to the charity you select.
You receive a tax deduction for your vehicle donation
All of our charity partners are 501 (c) (3) nonprofits. The IRS allows vehicle donors to receive a tax deduction on their vehicles. We handle all of the tax paperwork on behalf of our nonprofit partners. Our national network of auction and salvage houses ensures your receive the highest possible tax deduction, based on market conditions and the condition of your donated vehicle or car.
Donating your car is the hassle-free way to get rid of your unwanted vehicle
When donating your automobile to charity you can avoid the anxiety and hassle of selling to a private party and dealing with used car salesmen in a haggling over a trade-in. Donating your vehicle also avoids the potential repair costs of unused cars, boats or trucks, and with free door-to-door for all donors, our vehicle donors are never out of pocket when donating. We even can pick up your vehicle at the auto repair shop or by the side of the road!
- Donor wants to contribute a vehicle
- Donor calls Donate For Charity at 1-866-392-4483 or visits www.donateforcharity.com to give vehicle and pick-up information.
- Donate For Charity has the tower call within 24 hours to arrange pick up of vehicle. Pick up usually occurs within 24-72 hours of tower contact with donor.
- Donate For Charity mails initial donation acceptance letter to donor.
- Vehicle is towed to auction site or is picked up by a salvage company for parts.
- Vehicle is sold for a value and the net amount is paid to Donate For Charity after deductions from the auction or salvage yard.
- Donor receives their final receipt for the gross selling price, to be filed with their tax return for the year in which the donation occurred.
- Non profit receives a net check approximately three weeks after the auction or pick up from the salvage company.