How to Donate A Car | Cars Donation Information
How To Donate A Car
- Call our toll free number (866) 392-4483 or fill out a donation form on-line. You will need to provide us with the year, make, model and approximate mileage of your vehicle. In addition, you will need the vehicle identification number (VIN), which is a 17-digit number found on your registration, title, or insurance policy. It can also be found on your car, near the base of the windshield, usually on the left-hand side.
- If calling during non-business hours, please leave your name and phone number (with area code) on the recording and a donation representative will return your call as soon as possible.
- Your signed title is required at time of pickup.
- An insured and licensed towing company will make arrangements with you directly to pick up the vehicle. They can usually pick up the vehicle within 1-2 days or faster under specific requests and tower availability. Good news! If you work, are not at home during the day, or are in a different state than the vehicle, you are not required to be present for the pick-up. You may mail the title and keys to the yard, or they can be left with the vehicle upon pick-up.
- Once we have sold your vehicle, we will mail you an official receipt acknowledging your charitable contribution (our receipt/acknowledgement is compliant with the new tax laws beginning January 1, 2005). The receipt is necessary to claim your tax deduction.
- If you have any other questions, please feel free to call us or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.