What is ASEB?
Since 1989, ASEB has been providing Adult Day Care, Family Support, and Education & Community Outreach Services, primarily in Alameda & Contra Costa Counties. An economical alternative to full-time residential or in-home care, ASEB is committed to enabling individuals to remain at home for as long as possible, and to avoid premature or inappropriate institutionalization.
- To provide safe and caring support.
- To prevent premature or inappropriate institutionalization.
- To allow family members to continue to live at home for as long as possible.
- To help individuals maintain their highest possible physical and mental health.
- To offer extensive support to families and caregivers.
- To educate and inform the general community about issues related to dementia care.
ASEB opened its doors in Berkeley in 1989. Since our inception, we have grown from serving 15 participants per day to an agency-wide capacity of 100 participants per day. We now have sites in Berkeley and Hayward, and will soon be opening our first site in Fremont. During the course of our 25 year history, we have expanded our services to cover a wide range of diverse needs. Yet while our national reputation as a leader in dementia care has grown, our core values remain the same: to provide a safe, caring, and stimulating environment for our participants, and a source of respite and information for caregivers.