Hope Remains’ purpose is to glorify God by changing the world one child, one adult and one family at a time through the power of Christ and the help of our gentle horses.
- Honor God in all that we do.
- Love the Lord our God with all our heart, with all our soul, with all our strength, and with all our mind, and our neighbor as ourselves. Our neighbor is everyone we encounter.
- Be a resource for youth, adults and families that will enable them to overcome their circumstances and establish a clear direction for a new life in Christ.
- Create an environment filled with meaningful and practical ways of displaying God’s love.
- Treat others we do business with, as well as those we serve, utilizing Christian values of honesty, integrity, respect, kindness and a sense of social responsibility.
WHY HOPE REMAINS
Before the age of 16, one in four children will experience at least one traumatic event in their life:
Without acknowledgement and support, this often leads to anger, addiction, depression, self abuse, difficulty and/or avoidance of relationships, interacting or trusting in others.
The National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH) estimates that 26.2% of American adults (age 18+) about one in four adults — will have a mental illness at one point in their lives.
Results: Equine Therapy vs Traditional Therapy:
- 3 times faster rate of acknowledgement and willingness for support.
- Statistically participants attend ET sessions with more regularity than traditional therapy sessions.
- Equine Therapy is a non-judgmental experience that does not feel like therapy. On average, participants prefer to attend an ET session.
- Equine Therapy provides a self discovery solution vs a diagnosed solution using metaphors through the horses. Participants acknowledge the source of their emotional or behaviors issue through the horses and help develop their own plan of growth and hope.