Saving birds around the world since 1971
International Bird Rescue (Bird Rescue) has been saving seabirds and other aquatic birds around the world since 1971. Bird Rescue’s team of specialists operates two year-round aquatic bird rescue centers in California, which care for over 5,000 birds every year, and has led oiled wildlife rescue efforts in over 200 oil spills in more than a dozen countries.
Every Bird Matters.
International Bird Rescue was founded to provide the expertise and capacity needed to save oiled aquatic birds in emergency situations. Our highly trained staff and dedicated volunteers ensure that each bird receives expert and compassionate care.
We save birds’ lives around the world by:
- Responding to wildlife impacted by oil spills and providing expertise in planning and training to government agencies, oil industry personnel, wildlife groups and volunteers
- Taking action during wildlife disasters, such as red tides and algal blooms, when no other resources are available
- Caring for oiled, injured and orphaned aquatic birds year-round at our two rescue centers in California
- Conducting ongoing research into the most effective strategies for saving wildlife
- Training organizations and individuals around the world who are committed to rescuing seabirds
- Inspiring the next generation by educating them about our life-saving work and the plight of avian species