The Middle East Children’s Alliance (MECA) is a non-profit organization working for the rights of children in the Middle East by sending humanitarian aid, supporting projects for children and educating North American and international communities about the effects of the US foreign policy on children in the region.
What We Do
The Middle East Children’s Alliance (MECA) is a nonprofit humanitarian aid organization based in Berkeley, California. We support children and families in Palestine, Iraq and Lebanon through:
- Direct aid including food, medicine, medical supplies, and clothes as well as books, toys and school supplies. Since 1988, we have sent more than $20 million in aid to children in Palestine, Iraq and Lebanon
- Financial support and professional assistance to community organizations in the West Bank and Gaza that help meet Palestinian children’s needs, including clinics, kindergartens, counseling centers, libraries; accessible parks and playgrounds; sports teams, and dance, music and art programs
- Educational and cultural programs in the US and internationally to increase understanding about the lives of children in the Middle East and the impact of US foreign policy on people in the region
- University scholarships for Palestinians in the Gaza Strip and the West Bank
- Providing clean water to children in Palestine by installing water purification and desalination units in schools and kindergartens in the Gaza Strip
MECA relies on the support of individuals dedicated to peace and justice in the Middle East. Please consider making a tax-deductible contribution towards our work.