Over 30 Years of Commitment and Community
Project HIRED, a 501(c)3, not-for-profit organization, maintains a single vision: to be a significant force for the employment of individuals with disabilities until the need no longer exists. Since 1978, we have done this by responding to emerging social, cultural, and economic needs and opportunities with programs and services that support our job seeking clients as well as our corporate partners.
Our clients represent a diverse spectrum of abilities and disabilities—and we are committed to serving each one with services, programs, and support uniquely tailored to their needs. Since our founding, we have successfully assisted thousands of individuals with disabilities to secure jobs appropriate to their qualifications and career goals. Project HIRED offers an array of job placement, training, and employment services designed to promote self sufficiency and independence, remove barriers, create opportunities, and help job seekers with disabilities build successful careers.
As both part of its outreach activities and to support the expansion of its services for job seekers, Project HIRED also offers a portfolio of professional programs designed for employers that include training and workshop services, temporary employee placement services, and professional inbound call center services. And in addition to these services which assist our business partners with their employee education, talent recruitment, and operational needs, Project HIRED also directly employs people with disabilities as part of its HIRED Teams division, founded in 1994 and expanded in 2003 to secure and fulfill government contracts through the AbilityOne program.
Our work and the excellence of our programs have and continue to receive high-level and national recognition numerous times throughout our history.
- 1992: Received the Distinguished Service Award from the California Governor’s Committee for Employment of Disabled Persons.
- 1993: Received of the Distinguished Service Award from the President’s Committee for Employment of People with Disabilities.
- 2001: Awarded the Innovative Partnership award from the HR Symposium.
- 2008: Awarded AbilityOne/NISH National Award for Performance Excellence in Government Contracts.
- We have also received numerous commendations from individuals and policymakers such as San Jose Supervisor Dave Cortese, Senator Barbara Boxer, Congresswoman Zoe Loftgren, and former California First Lady Maria Shriver.
Project HIRED is active nationwide. Our headquarters in San Jose, California put us at the heart of the ever changing and active high tech sector—which creates amazing job opportunities for our clients and corporate partnership opportunities for our organization. Our satellite emergence in markets across the United States is led by our Southern California team, currently operating and networking in the Los Angeles, Orange, and San Diego counties.
Our history is extensive, spanning four decades and the careers of thousands of clients. And, with the continued support of our generous volunteers, donors, and partners, we look forward to continuing to our commitment to our clients and our community.