San Elijo Lagoon Conservancy is a community-supported nonprofit land trust. Together, we are dedicated to protecting and enhancing the 979-acre San Elijo Lagoon Ecological Reserve and its watershed.
San Elijo Lagoon is a special place and one of San Diego County’s most diverse coastal wetlands. The Conservancy leads nature walks and special tours throughout the 7 miles of trails in the reserve.
Connect with nature, and learn more about supporting San Elijo Lagoon Conservancy
To protect and restore the resources of San Elijo Lagoon Ecological Reserve, its watershed, and related ecosystems for the benefit of current and future generations
To further this mission, we:
- engage and educate the community about the value of the reserve to promote ecological literacy and environmental responsibility
- conduct scientific research to advance restoration planning and conservation science
- design and implement ecological management plans
- manage and acquire land and easements; and
- collaborate with the community, organizations, and government agencies.
San Elijo Lagoon Conservancy will be a guiding model for the stewardship of wetlands.
San Elijo Lagoon Conservancy demonstrates an ongoing commitment to:
- Environmental Stewardship
- Scientific Integrity
- Ethical Leadership & Practices