Wellspring Women’s Center was founded in 1987 by two sisters of Social Service with the mission to “nurture the innate goodness and personal self esteem of women and their children and to do so within an atmosphere of hospitality with dignity and love.” Wellspring serves as a drop-in center to women and their children and provides a nutritious breakfast meal and social work services. Wellspring started from humble beginnings and has grown to become a trusted neighborhood gathering place that reduces isolation and loneliness.
We serve nearly 200 women and their children every week day by providing a nutritious breakfast, free counseling, enrichment classes, and safety net services.
Who does Wellspring serve?
Any female or child may come to Wellspring, there is no other criterion. Guests are diverse in age, personal background and ethnicity.
What services do you provide?
- A safe and welcoming gathering place for women and their children
- A nutritious breakfast to over 200 women and their children every weekday
- Children’s Corner with early learning opportunities and activities for preschoolers
- Counseling, expressive art therapy groups, and case management
- Parenting classes
- Craft Club
- Referrals to other agencies and services
- Assistance with accessing community resources; including Spanish translation services
Wellspring operates without any government funding. This allows Wellspring to avoid limitations on who we can serve and allows a quick response to community needs. Wellspring is supported entirely through individuals, corporations, community service groups, schools, and foundations.