How The Program Works
- Donor wants to contribute a vehicle
- Donor calls Donate For Charity at 1-866-392-4483 or visits www.donateforcharity.com to give vehicle and pick-up information.
- Donate For Charity has the tower call within 24 hours to arrange pick up of vehicle. Pick up usually occurs within 24-72 hours of tower contact with donor.
- Donate For Charity mails initial donation acceptance letter to donor.
- Car is towed to auction site or is picked up by a salvage company for parts.
- Car is sold for a value and the net amount is paid to Donate For Charity after deductions from the auction or salvage yard.
- Donor receives their final receipt for the gross selling price, to be filed with their tax return for the year in which the donation occurred.
- Non profit receives a net check approximately three weeks after the auction or pick up from the salvage company.